Its been reported that the Major labels are plotting to rescue the beleaguered HMV. However, if this is the case then how would it affect independent artists? We’ve seen the impact of how RADIO is somewhat CONTROLLED by the majors, imagine if they got their hands on the actual outlets where the music is sold!
Maybe this crises with HMV will actually have the majors rubbing their hands with glee, i mean think about it, they can now actually stake their ownership in the last major music retail outlet in the UK. Its interesting to see how this plays out, will the majors allow the supermarkets to control the CD market place????
What are your thoughts?
Written By @MrAmaru
- Major Record Labels Global Market Share Down In 2011
- Industry News: UK music copyright industry worth 10 times original Government estimate
- Industry Talk: “7 Rules For The Record Labels To Learn”
- Industry News: Universal/EMI buyout approved in New Zealand
- Industry News: The New WorldWide A&R For Warner Is Mike Caren