This is a great music industry opportunity! You think you’ve got what it takes in the music world??? Exciting news is that Warner/Atlantic Records is looking for an A&R, it could be you!
- Schedule collaborative song writing sessions
- Maintain and develop relationships directly with high-profile artists, songwriters and producers
- Scout and research new artists, songwriters, and producers
- Coordinate sessions for artist clients with producers and songwriters
- Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies that represent them
- Work closely with all departments across the business domestically and internationally
- Assist and participate in coordination of record production (work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process)
- Evaluate existing repertoire
- Negotiate terms with song writers and producers
- Knowledge and passion of Rhythmic/Pop music
- Willing to travel with little notice for undetermined amounts of time in order to get the job done
- Able to communicate professionally and effectively with executives, artists, songwriters, producers, managers, and lawyers
- Proactive about developing relationships with coworkers and other industry professionals
- Highly detail oriented
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience.
About the Company:
Atlantic has always been and continues to be an A&R driven record label. The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Atlantic Records. It is A&R that allows us to identify and sign new talent and continue to make records for artists currently signed to the label.
If you want to apply for the job click here (Los Angeles based job)
Warner Music Group also includes labels Elektra, Warner International, Big Beat, Atlantic UK, Warner Brothers UK and others. WMG’s Director of Rhythmic/Pop A&R will potentially work with all of them.