Habitual Lackluster performer, and evicted X-Factor contestant Jade Ellis spoke to The Sun newspaper about her feelings on being drop kicked out of the competition. Read below Jades quotes and in bold we critique them.
She seethed: “I don’t think the decision on Sunday was based entirely on the sing-off. The judges were thinking about their own acts.
- That’s the aim of the show, to save your own acts. Tulisa saved you too!
“I believe I sang that song to a really high standard and if that wasn’t enough to save me I honestly don’t know what I could have done.
- Probably by not have the stiffest dance moves in X-factor history, matched by a underwhelming performance.
“People have said my performance was better than Union J’s, but Tulisa was out there on her own when she chose to put me through.
- Those people weren’t the Judges and those people didn’t vote enough to save you.
“The vote could have been tactical. Maybe the judges thought Union J were less of a threat to their singers in the competition.
- Jade, to be honest, you weren’t a threat to any of the “SINGERS”… You’re not in Ella or James league.
“It is getting to that point in the game where the judges all criticise each other’s acts. But whatever the reasoning, I don’t think they did it lightly.”
- It’s a TV Show.
Gary told Jade: “You’re a phenomenal singer, you’re incredible. But sometimes I worry I want this for you more than you do.”
- Gary lied. Jade is decent but not phenomenal AT ALL.
“I don’t think anybody would leave a young child at home for that length of time if they didn’t really want what they were doing to be a success.
- This i agree with.
“He (Gary) was probably the only judge that I didn’t speak to afterwards.”
- Believe me in a couple of weeks none of the Judges will be speaking with you.
Take That frontman Gary also sparked controversy on Saturday night when he sniped that fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos had “fag ash breath”.
Jade jumped to her mentor’s defence, saying: “Tulisa was giving her opinion on the vocals. There was no need to be so personal.
- Tulisa – Misha B? Jade do you remember those comments…. Personal, no? Pot..Kettle…black
She went on: “Tulisa is like a sister to me now. She is an absolute star and is one of the best people that I could ever have met in the competition.
- Your sister should get you signed then. Your sister would of told you that performance was the best exit strategy plan for the show.
“We chose my song for Saturday night — Freak Like Me by Sugababes — together and we both thought it was a good risk to take. Unfortunately the other judges didn’t agree.”
- No, the country didn’t agree.
“I’m happy to have achieved what I have on The X Factor and I’m going to carry on.”
- Good luck
I don’t think my sister would allow me to walk out on live telivision singing songs with no rythmn