Bryan Leach, who made his name as VP of A&R at TVT Records over the past decade by signing first Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz, the Ying Yang Twins and Pitbull and, later, signing A$AP Rocky to his own Polo Grounds Music label, has pled guilty to a gun possession charge, according to reports.
The charge stems from an October 2010 traffic stop, when NYPD officers pulled him over for driving erratically around W. 72nd Street in Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Leach was found to have a loaded handgun in the front of his car, and was arrested. Today he pleaded guilty to attempted weapons possession, and will serve two years in prison, followed by a year of supervised release.
Leach began his career at independent label TVT in 1995 as director of artist development, before moving to become VP of urban A&R in 1998, where he signed Lil Jon, the Ying Yang Twins, and Pitbull. He left to establish Polo Grounds Music in 2006, a subsidiary of RCA Records (Sony Music Entertainment), taking Pitbull to the label with him. The label put out Pitbull’s 2011 album Planet Pit with 305, and then signed Harlem rapper A$AP Rocky to a reportedly highly lucrative deal that same year.
Leach had reportedly faced up to seven years in prison for the charge.
- WHO DOES THAT? Kid Cudi Spazzes Out On His Label
- The Daily Mail Newspaper Have Got To Fix Up With This John Terry Story
- Who Does That? Mike Epps Threatens His Daughter Over The Phone! (SMH)
- Yahoo Chief Executive “Lied About Degree Qualification On CV” Now In Trouble
- Who Does That: Lauryn Hill Got Yet Another Tax Case Pending