It has often been said that good girls like bad boys and unfortunately for the majority it is true. Whether girls actively seek out bad boys over good boys is questionable but somehow most girls have stories of a “wasteman ex”.
The wasteman is not to be confused with the bad boy (we’ll deal with wastemen separately). But the wasteman can bear some similar characteristics to the bad boy i.e. a reputation on the streets, a dishonest source of income, a tendency to cheat and an aversion to the law. These are not qualities any female will openly say she looks for in a man, however she may have been with one or many who fit at least one of that criteria. So what is it that attracts good girls to bad boys? Well it is known that females require security in relationships. Observation shows the “bad boy” phenomenon is most prominent amongst younger girls.
Girls who might be in school or college or perhaps uni and living at home with parents have all the obvious security they need: a roof over their head, income from the bank of mum and dad and education pathing the way to the future. What bad boys offer these girls is the security of knowing your man is “bad” and not a “pussy”, therefore if anyone troubles you on the bus on the way home, you can call your man to “lick off headtops”. If your parents piss you off your man will come swoop you in his stolen whip or the vehicle he has acquired without a license or insurance. If you want new garms but your parents are being stingy, your bad boy boyfriend will spoil you with his hard earned drug or AC money.
A 15-18 year old doesn’t tend to think beyond that and obviously fails to see the bigger picture. A lady of a certain age however, has a different interpretation of security. She is more likely to be thinking of the long term future and sensibly would not want a man who is a liability. She might be thinking of a life partner and a father to her children so consequently will not want to entertain a man who will bring trouble to her door. She will be looking for a “keeper” who perhaps: values education; has a clean criminal record, is family orientated, law abiding, ambitious, avoids trouble etc. Some girls find the nice guy boring but what’s so good about bad boys?
What girls like about bad boys:
- Swagger. There’s something quite sexy about the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he dresses, his overall attitude just oozes sexiness! Think T.I, Lil Wayne, DMX, 50 cent etc…
- Excitement! There’s nothing quite like thug-loving. You’ll never be bored!( I’m sure the calls and letters from prison keep the pulse racing and the constant watching your backs in case the rival gang catches you slipping is such a high!)*rolls eyes*
- The prospect of change. They will deny it but every girl tries to change a man in some way shape or form. Bad boys are the biggest challenge of all! Sort of like a project, you meet them a bit ruff around the edges, try and work on him and either take pride when he becomes a better man or end up wasting your time! (Some people will never change and if they do, it should be for themselves not for you!)
- Some girls just like complaining and when you’re with a bad boy you have an abundance of things to complain about! (Fun times! lol)
It is tiresome and something most girls grow out of at some point. Don’t listen to Alexandra Burke! If you know they’re no good for you why take the risk just for chemistry? It’s not worth it in the long run.
- If you’ve been with a bad boy when you were younger, look back at him and answer honestly. If you just met him now would you be with him? Would he make a good husband/father?
- If you are currently with a bad boy, do you think you can change him? If you’re not trying to change him, do you think he is a life partner? Will he be a good influence on your children? Is he truly all you deserve?
- If you are a bad boy, fix up! You are losing your appeal; you’re going out of fashion like canerows!
- If you’re a good guy, don’t lose faith! The girls on a bad boy hype don’t deserve you! Hopefully any girl with sense will realise you are the way forward, and from what I’ve seen bad boys are the past, good guys are the future.
So maybe nice guys don’t always finish last
- New Editorial: ’5 Signs Your Relationship Is As Good As Over’ By @HoneyBeeBilli
- 23 Painful Reasons Why ‘Some Men’ Cheat On Their Girl
- Mike Posner and Amaru discuss “How to tell a girl you’re not interested in her”
- New Editorial: “Act Like A Man Think Like A Woman” By Nicosia Lawson
- That Phone Number She Gave Me Was Fake (Editorial)