Mistake #3 - Focusing on increasing the ‘quantity’ of fans instead of the ‘intensity’ of your fans. The ‘number’ of fans you have should always be your secondary focus (not your primary one) if you want to become successful in the music industry. The fact is, it is not the number of ‘fans’ that matters most, it’s the number of FANATICS which will contribute more directly to your success (or lack of it). This is particularly true in the beginning of a band’s music career. Focus more effort on converting your existing fans into raving fanatics. Learn to do this and the number of your overall fans will increase through powerful word of mouth.
- Artist Mistake Number 1: “Not knowing what record companies are looking for”
- Artist Mistake Number 2: “Not enough depth in your music relationships”
- TOP 5 WAYS TO DESTROY YOUR BRAND AS AN ARTIST
- Artist Advice: “Expectations are different from goals”
- Artist Advice: “Think of intriguing song titles for your music”