Lauryn Hill didn’t just drop the ball on a $1.8 million tax bill from the federal government — she also failed to pay $440,000 in taxes to the State of New Jersey … so says the State of New Jersey.
A civil judgment was entered against Hill on June 14th by a Jersey court — finding the Fugees singer is responsible for $446,386 in unpaid state taxes.
A week before the judgment came down, Hill was charged with failing to file FEDERAL tax returns in 2005, 2006, and 2007 … a federal crime. She pled “guilty” and now faces 3 years in prison.
But lucky for Hill, the state tax situation hasn’t become a criminal matter … yet.
Hill is scheduled for sentencing in her federal tax case in November.
Amaru Sidebar: We are not going to get this album are we?
- Lauryn Hill Pleads Guilty In Tax Case: “FACES YEARS IN PRISON”
- Lauryn Hill Performing Live at UM Homecoming 2010
- Lauryn Hill Returns To The Stage One Week After Birth Of Baby
- The Daily Mail Newspaper Have Got To Fix Up With This John Terry Story
- Yahoo Chief Executive “Lied About Degree Qualification On CV” Now In Trouble